Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Month of Thanks

It has been a while since I've done this, and a lot has happened since May. My little family has been pretty busy with softball, school, traveling, and life in general. And it's already November-- how did that happen?! Thanksgiving is just two weeks away and my social media friends have been posting daily about what they're thankful for. I've sat out on this for the last few years, but...

...come on, everybody else is doing it. Well, twist my arm, I guess I'll join in.

1. I am thankful for my salvation, for a God who loves me enough to forgive me. I can't even begin to imagine life without the hope of Jesus Christ. I am eternally grateful.

2. ...my husband, Jeff. I've said it before, but he is the best person I know. He is patient (for the most part :), kind, loving, funny, and pretty hot, too. He is the most wonderful father and husband a girl could ask for, and I'm one blessed chick.

3. ...Katie. Jeff and I waited for a long time for this gift, and God was faithful as always. Katie is one of the most incredible people I know. She's beautiful in every way, funny, smart, caring... but most important, she loves God. I am so excited to see what her future holds.


4. ... Aubrey. She is the most loving child I have known, but you'd better not cross her! Jeff and I joked before she was born that we should have a child that looks like him and acts like me (since Katie is the opposite). And then we were reminded that we should be careful what we ask for! She is such a special little girl and she brings us joy daily.


5. ... Abigail. Oh, where to begin with this one?! Abby was our biggest surprise-- our greatest gift that we didn't know we needed. This is the funniest kid I've ever met. She is always smiling and finding new ways to make us laugh, and she is another reminder that God's plan is always better than mine.


6. ...motherhood. I know I've mentioned all of my girls, but there was a time when I thought that I would not have the privilege of having children of my own. Now I don't remember what life was like before these beautiful little creatures existed. They have taught me more than I could ever teach them and my heart overflows with love and joy at the thought of them.
  

7. ...my parents-- all of them. My beautiful mother is the epitome of love and loyalty. She taught me to work for what I want and to never settle for less. My father, in the short time he was with me, loved me. That may seem simple, but I know that some people don't ever have that knowledge. He also taught me to take pride in everything I do. My step-dad gave me love and respect when he didn't have to and convinced me that I can overcome anything. And my in-laws are pretty darn special, too. They raised a good man who I am more than proud to call my husband, and they have always treated me like I am one of their own.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment