Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Month of Thanks, Part 2

OK, so November is almost over, Thanksgiving has come and gone (unfortunately a few extra pounds have come also), and I want to finish my listing of top things I'm thankful for.

8. I am thankful for... my country. My father spent the majority of his life serving this country in the Army. The first song I can remember learning from him is "America the Beautiful," and it still brings tears to my eyes when I hear it now. He taught me that being an American is a privilege and to respect my country and treasure the rights that it affords me. Those lessons have never left me, and I love passing them to my girls. I am grateful for his service and the service of all other brave men and women who serve this great nation.

9. ...my church. I love being a member of Long Hollow Baptist, and more specifically, a member of the Springfield campus. I am so grateful to be a part of a church that truly is Christ-centered and preaches the Gospel as it is. I have had the privilege of seeing amazing works done and lives changed through its ministry, and I am just thankful to be a small part. 


10. ...my job. I know that it might sound crazy, but I love what I do. I have never felt that teaching is anything less than a calling. Every student I've had for the last 13 years is a part of my life and I love them all (although some might not believe that ;). I am confident that I have gained more knowledge from them than I have given them, and I treasure every bright and dark moment of my career. My job has also given me an awesome schedule for raising children, and I want my girls to learn and know that it is perfectly fine if they choose to work outside of their homes. 


There are so many things and people that I could go on listing, but couldn't we all? I have enjoyed reading the daily posts on Facebook this month, but we should probably not limit showing our thankfulness to just one month. I admit that I take too much for granted, but it was nice to sit down and reflect on my blessings. 

Here's a montage to some other blessings that I didn't include in the "top ten" but are no less meaningful to me... (and in no particular order)












(I had to include her-- she was one of my earliest heroes, and that outfit is awesome!)



No comments:

Post a Comment